Inspired by the powerful transformative effect that physical activity had on her mum’s mental health, Hannah Beecham founded RED January. RED January is a nationwide movement that empowers people to get active every day during January, to ‘beat the blues away.’ The initiative provides a compelling and proven reason for people to start, rekindle or continue being active, whilst raising money for leading mental health organisations.
– 150,000 people have participated in the movement
– £2.7million+ raised for the leading mental health charity, Mind
– In January 2020, RED Together got more people moving every day than finished the London Marathon in 2019
RED Together joined the Sport Tech Hub in 2019 with the mission to increase RED January’s reach in London and beyond. They were looking to be introduced to key networks and stakeholders to enable them to empower more people to be active to support their mental health.
Sport Tech Hub provided key introductions and outreach via their network across London and beyond. This resulted in new partnership opportunities for RED Together including collaborations with; Spotify, London Youth, Transport for London, CSSC Sport and Leisure and speaking opportunities at the London Sport awards, Westminster University and the London SportsTech Network.
The following London centric outcomes were achieved by RED in 2020:
– Increased RED participation in London by 5.4% compared to the previous year
– London moved from the city with the 8th most participants to the 5th
– A total of 150,000 people participated in the movement
RED Together is continuing their research work with The University of Oxford to showcase how RED January is a powerful intervention to get people active whilst reducing stress and depressive symptoms.
With more people than ever wanting to kick start their 2021 in a positive way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in teaming up.