Sport Tech Hub is a 24 week incubation programme which exists to empower and scale early stage tech start-ups to create happier, healthier and more active populations. We have a strong pool of mentors and partners who provide support to our programme. Applications for the 2018/19 cohort are now closed. You can find more information on our incubator on this page.
The Sport Tech Hub incubator has been designed for early stage start-ups that need support to become investment ready and support their growth. The modules have been designed with purpose and acceleration in mind. Each week, there will be a mix of industry entrepreneurs, academics and specialist tutors to better your MVP and work with your own individual start-up objectives. On joining the programme, you will be matched with key mentors for strategic advice, connections to their network and to fill in any skills gaps as your business grows.
The core modules will range across:
- General (regular networking events)
- Business principles (core skills to run a start-up)
- Design, development and product sessions
- Marketing and digital customer acquisition strategies
- Inspirational lunchtime power talks from entrepreneurs, athletes
- London Sport led insight sessions into the physical activity and sport sector from the insight, disability, children and young people, physical activity and health, workforce and relationship management teams
- Public funding guidance, support and expertise
- Training sessions: communication skills, leadership, talent retention, presentation, pitching.
- Finance, innovation accounting, business model
- Pursuit and sales, presentation decks
- Investor introductions and speed networking
Who are we looking for
If your start-up is dedicated to encouraging more people to live a physically active lifestyle, we want to hear from you. Our bespoke programme is for early stage start-ups with an MVP and focuses on product development and customer development for the first 12 weeks, followed by business development, routes to market, pitching, presentation skills, digital marketing, sales for the next 12 weeks. We aim to connect our cohort with product trials and testing amongst our network of partners. We have a careful screening process to ensure that there is a fit between start-ups applying to our incubator programme – we only have 12 spaces. Our incubator could be a strong fit for start-ups from sport tech, fit tech, health tech, games development and gamification, virtual reality and augmented reality, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data and apps.
Applications open: Q2 2019